Nominations are now closed.
PAPS and Leadership Business Consulting will award a project developed by a PAPS Member in the US, that had a great impact in Science, Entrepreneurship, Business or Economics. This award intends to foster increased awareness of excellence and leadership.
All PAPS Members will be able to nominate distinguished fellow Members, by elaborating a small text describing their reasons for nomination. A Jury will evaluate five finalistsand announce the winner at the XII PAPS Forum.
The winner may choose from a $3,500 reward or a two week stint at the Plug and Play Tech Center plus participation in the LBC course organized by Universidade Nova and LB Academy.
The appointed Jury for the 2010 edition of the Leadership Award is:
- Professor António Damásio – David Dornsife Professor of Neuroscience, Director of Brain and Creativity Institute
- Professor Miguel Villas-Boas – J. Gary Shansby Chair in Marketing Strategy, Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley
- Professor Onésimo T. de Almeida – Professor of Portuguese and Brazilian Studies, Brown University
- Torben Rankine, MBS– Country Manager for Leadership Business Consulting in the USA
- Rogério Candeias, PhD Candidate – Visiting Student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, President of PAPS
The criteria for evaluating applications, on a personal and project basis, at each step are:
- The project’s quality and impact on Science, Entrepreneurship, Business and Economics,
- The project’s innovation,
- The candidate’s overall potential for further development and impact on Science, Entrepreneurship, Business and Economics or Society,
- The candidate’s ethics and integrity,
- The candidate’s leadership skills, as shown during the project,
- The candidate’s nomination texts.
The Leadership Award 2010 edition will have the following deadlines:
- Nominations – February 28 to March 25, 2011
- Nominee Application Submission – April 08, 2011 (the five finalists will be informed after audition of applications)
- Jury Decision – April 14, 2011 (all five finalists will be informed about the outcome of the decision)
- Award-Winner Announcement – April 16, at the XII PAPS Forum in New York